Is linen a good fabric for curtains?
Deciding what fabric to use for your curtains can be overwhelming, especially when the choice is for ever-growing. Having the right window covering can indeed bring a specific look and comfort in your home.
One of the most desired and popular fabrics for curtains is linen. Why not? Linen is one of the materials that never goes out of style, and it has many uses. This curtain material is safe for your health since there is no chemical involved during the production process. Also, linen is less flammable compared to other fabrics.
Here are 12 reasons why linen is a good choice of fabric for curtains:
1. Linen is known for bringing comfort and elegance. The linen drapes beautifully, which makes it an excellent fabric curtain. Putting them in bedrooms, family rooms, and dining rooms will add a touch of luxury.
2.The linen gives a clean look in every room. It is not like other fabrics that block the light entirely. Regardless of the colour, this fabric welcomes light while still giving privacy. Fresh air can even enter the room with the natural weave linen.
3. Linen is environmentally friendly and energy-saving as it is created from plant fibres. This fabric offers insulation during winter, which allows your heating bills to go down. You can quickly achieve an eco-friendly window covering with linen.
4. Linen is easy to maintain. Whether you wash it in your machine or dry-cleaned, linen becomes softer after every wash.
5. Linen is very common in beachside rooms or dining rooms. Its natural colours and effortless style make it an excellent choice for beach hotels and family homes.
6. Linen is useful for the porch or deck, especially if you are in a place with a humid climate. Unlike other fabrics, curtains made with linen work well with the humidity. It is also resistant to mildew.
7. Linen is suitable during the summer. One of its features is it stays cool, and it does not absorb heat. If your window receives a lot of sunlight, linen curtains perform well under direct light.
8. Linen’s texture is pleasing to the touch. You will love running your fingers through this material. During the sunset or sunrise, linen gives a fantastic view.
9. The linen is kid-friendly. It is an excellent choice for kid’s rooms and nurseries since this fabric does not spill easily.
10. Custom linen can match any interiors. This fabric can adapt to any design for your windows. Linen curtains offer lots of styles like printed patterns, embroidery, and pleats. This fabric also suits sheers and blinds.
11. Linen is allergy-friendly. If you have sensitive skin, then linen curtains are a great option. It does not only cause allergies; it also intercepts ultraviolet radiation.
12. Linen is long-lasting. They do not quickly burn under direct sunlight. Aside from being durable, linen is also light. With this, linen curtains have great heat-conducting features.
We at the Yorkshire Fabric Shop has plenty of linen effect curtains tailored specifically for your needs. Our linen curtains are available in a wide range of colours and styles. Visit us in our store or browse our collection on our website and be ready to be amazed!